[alberg30] Re: Diesel Conversion/Charles

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Sun Mar 21 19:38:44 PST 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

Charles:

Two points;

A friend repowered with a Yanmar 2 lung, I don't know the model but he
reused the gasoline tank and has had no problems - he cleaned it
thoroughly of course.

The second point is to strongly suggest you use a 2 blade propellor,
correctly pitched.  I have an A-37 with a 2 blade and twice the
displacement with a diesel and am at a loss as to why people find it
necessary to go with a 3 blade as the drag and impairment of performance
under sail is indisputable.   But to each his/her own.

Fair winds,

J B