[alberg30] Re: Diesel Conversion

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Mon Mar 22 11:28:42 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Charles,

Welcome Aboard!
255 came with a volvo diesel already installed, but my advice is that you pick
an engine that will be accessible for maintainance and repairs.  The water
pump on the volvo is low on the back of the engine,  and cannot be seen from
the inside of the cabin.  The fuel pump is on the port side, way back and low,
and also is not visible from the cabin.  I've done alot of surgery on
Stargazer to be able to get at these vital parts. Make sure you consider this
parameter when choosing your relacement!
Good Luck,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255