[alberg30] Re: slab reefing

Jackie E. Thomas JThomas at lombard.ca
Tue Mar 23 10:17:51 PST 1999

From: "Jackie E. Thomas" <JThomas at lombard.ca>

Thanks Lee, much appreciated.

Jackie

FINNUS505 at aol.com on 03/23/99 12:41:02 PM

Please respond to alberg30 at onelist.com

To:   alberg30 at onelist.com
cc:    (bcc: Jackie E. Thomas/CENTRAL/CIML)
Subject:  [alberg30] Re: slab reefing

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Jackie,
  I use a rolling hitch to tie the end of the leach reefing line around the
boom, about 6 inches aft of where the reef cringle will reach when the foot of
the reef is pulled maximaly aft.  You could instal a fairlead to take a
stopper knot, too.  I like the rolling hitch, because it is less obtrusive,
softer, and there are no fastenings to slowly corrode and pull out.
Hope this helps,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255

Come check out our brand new web site!