[alberg30] Re: Tillers

stephen sousa stephen=sousa%eng%emchop1 at fishbowl02.lss.emc.com
Wed Mar 24 05:51:56 PST 1999

From: "stephen sousa" <stephen=sousa%eng%emchop1 at fishbowl02.lss.emc.com>

George,

Per your recommendation, I purchased a bronze bushing which will be
installed between the ears of the new Edson tiller cap/strap as well.
Hopefully this extends the life of the product. Thank you for the
information.

Stephen
-------------
Original Text
From: "George Dinwiddie" <gdinwiddie at min.net>, on 3/24/99 8:50 AM:
From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net>

Gordon,

I find that the "ears" at the back of the tiller head tend to bend
inwards, causing the problem to reappear.  I finally put a bronze
bushing, cut to fit snugly, in there.  It seems to be keeping it
from getting worse.  I just wish I'd done it when the tiller head
was new.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/

Have you visited our new web site?
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities