flattening reef

Tue Mar 23 05:28:40 PST 1999

Russ,

We've got a flattening reef on our "new" main, but I've never rigged
it.  I really don't know how it's supposed to be used or when it's
indicated.

Do you hook the first reef tack when you pull in the flattening reef?
What range of wind speed, or what other indications, prompts you to
use the flattening reef?  How do you decide to put in the flattening
reef rather than the first reef?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know!

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net