[alberg30] Re: Props

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Wed Mar 3 12:11:11 PST 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

    I re-propped my A-30 three years ago with a 3-blade 13 x 11, this
for a 21 hp Westerbeke diesel. I can't recall what the prior prop was
but this one gives me all I could ask. It gets to hull speed where she
squats and throws up a great bow wave but won't go much faster - just
before the tach tops out. At that point the speed meter is reading 8+
knots, if it's accurate. She also has plenty of torque to punch into a
head sea. I use about 1/2 gallon per hour at cruise at around 2,400 RPM.
Best I can recall I was not getting that many mpg with the old prop.

                                - Gordon White