[alberg30] Re: (no subject)

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 07:25:20 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Bill, Some advice on fishfinders:  do you want to find fish, or know your
depth?  I have a water box under the forward part of the port bunk, just
behind the drawer,  It contains the transducer for my Datamarine depth finder.
This is a fine, dependable instrument. My Pearson Arial had one when I bought
her and the performance was so much better than the "fishfinder" unit I
installed in my Alberg Sea Sprite,  When I bought the A-30 she had a primative
"fishfinder" unit.  In daylight it was almost impossiable to read, even
shading with your hand.  I purchased a new Datamarine unit , useing a water
box.  Only thing is that the water box limits the range.  Every time I cross
Saginaw Bay I go off soundings at about 100 feet.  This does not bother me.  I
only worry aboiut the depth when it's shallow.
Warnings at 4' and 8' are enought for me.  Because of the location, the 4'
alarm means caution.
Russ Pfeiffer   251  Ca Va