[alberg30] Bimini Top

Tue May 25 06:14:40 PDT 1999

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

shawnwilliam at msn.com wrote:

> From: shawnwilliam at msn.com
>
> Does anyone know a foolproof method of getting old registrations stickers off the hull? The top paint is awlgrip.

I have had good luck with what is basically Xylene solvent in removing
adhesives without damahing paint. Its sold as "Goof Off" in small cans,
and also as "Life Caulk" solvent at boat yards. Also, paint supply
houses sell Xylene by the gallon. You'd have to use your fingernail to
peel of the plastic part of the sticker first, tho you might be able to
work some solvent in from the edge if it's too well adhered to peel.
Also, *always* test any new solvent on an inconspicuous area to make
sure it will not attack the paint.

--Dan Sternglass
#201 Watcher of the Skies, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY (launched yesterday!)