[alberg30] bottom cleaning

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun May 9 23:19:58 PDT 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

    Just a note on my bottom-cleaning efforts: Being behind because of
crummy weather and getting married again at the end of March, I just got
to removing the eight coats of bottom paint yesterday afternoon. I used
a 1750 psi power washer I bought from Home Depot for $299 and stripped
the entire bottom in 4 1/2 hours. By far the best time ever.

    The people in the next spot in the yard were amazed (as was I). That
owner had had 15 coats sandblasted off in 1997 and the blasting ate off
so much of the gelcoat he had had to have it re-coated at vast expense.
This year he had the yard power-sand his bottom for $1,000. He said
yesterday, after watching my operation, he was going to buy a washer and
save the yard bill.

                                            - Gordon White A-275