[alberg30] Drain plug

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue May 18 06:51:51 PDT 1999

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

All,

When I re-launced my boat, the travel lift operator said "so you put the
drain plug back in, right?" In fact, I have never removed a drain plug
from this boat, but it reminded me that there was some discuussion about
one in the past year.

Does anyone know if a 1966 (#201) would have been fitted with a plug by
the factory? If not, is it a worthwhile addition, and if so, where to
locate it, and how? Boat is and always has been in fresh water. No
blistering or other problems, but the bilge never dries out completely,
which might be a long-term problem.

Thanks,

--Dan Sternglass
#201, 1966, "Watcher of the Skies," Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY