[alberg30] Rudders/Sunstone/Haggart

Peter Hay phay at netcom.ca
Tue May 18 17:44:21 PDT 1999

From: "Peter Hay" <phay at netcom.ca>

Hi John & Charles:
Glad to have you intervene John.  Obviously I don't know much about early
A30's.  My old Paceship had a tight rudder tube that prevented water coming
in on the cockpit floor (although it sure came up the drains).  There is a
section in one of the West System books that explains how to fix worn rudder
tubes, but from your description it would not appear that the tube is worn.
I am interested in knowing how Whitby built the unit so that water comes up.
Can you give me an idea of the construction.  Just nosy!

Thanks
Peter

PS  Haven't joined the Great Lakes Assoc. yet but I will be doing so.