[alberg30] Le Zinc-Say no to Faucets-Attn Gordon

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Wed May 19 01:46:30 PDT 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Yes,
    I have only one nut holding the prop on. It is of course secured
with a stainless cotter pin. There are not (on my boat) enough threads
to put two nuts on the end of the shaft.The nut that I have  has a
flange on the prop end and is roughly 2 inches long with slots allowing
the cotter pin to be put through the drilled hole in the shaft no matter
where the nut tightens to.The zinc goes on the hex end of that nut and
has a hex-shaped cavity so it fits nice and snug and is secured by the
1/4-20 bronze allen head machine screw.
                            - Gordon White