[alberg30] Condensation

David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Mon May 24 18:31:10 PDT 1999

From: David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

All,

Ever since we bought #229 in 1994, we have had terrible problems with
condensation and mildew.  I have added 2 vents to the drop boards, and
was thinking of adding some of the solar powered units. This weekend, I
spent the night on the boat alone.  There was a steady 15 to 20 knot
breeze from the stern quarter.  I had screens on the main hatch, and the
forward hatch was open, with a 20" fan on low as an exhaust.  There was
a definite breeze blowing through the boat.  When I woke up in the
morning, there were water droplets running down the sides of the cabin
(mostly in the dog house where I slept).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to minimize this problem?

Thanks in advance.

dls
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229