[alberg30] spark plugs and oil

Tue May 18 13:34:23 PDT 1999

> shawnwilliam at msn.com said:
>
> I will be launching my A-30 #307 for the first time on June 1.
> I would like to change the oil and spark plugs.  Can someone tell
> me the correct plugs and oil to use?

I'm presuming that you have an Atomic 4, since you don't say.
The plugs are Champion J8C or equivalent.  If you want to try
the hotter plugs, they're J12C.  I've collected a list of
replacement Atomic 4 parts at
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/A4parts.htm

The oil is straight 30W, not a multi-grade.  I prefer using a
"racing" oil, figuring that it can stand up to a lot more
abuse.  This is a holdover from my Volkswagon days.

> Also, I was told to add Marvel Mystery oil to the oil and gas.
> Is this correct to add it both of them, and if so how much?

You'll get a lot of opinions on this.  I figure that modern
motor oils are pretty good.  I add 1 ounce to a tank of gas.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/