[alberg30] Atomic 4 Exhaust leak

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Thu May 6 14:01:15 PDT 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Lee,
    I got my bronze water-injected exhaust elbow in Annapolis at a
dealer for A-30 parts. Can't remember the name, though could look it up.
It was just off West St. on the west side of town. Might have been
Chesapeake Marine. I think it was generic, not A-30 of course since my
engine is a diesel. I ran exhaust hose from there to the muffler and
from the muffler to the exhaust port.

    Just thinking out loud - are your gudgeons & pintles good? I thought
mine were but when taking off the rudder to mount the quadrant for the
steering we found the gudgeons were marginal - spread quite a bit and
fasteners in need of replacement. Probably allowing more movement that
is good for the stuffing box. That might be a cause of the leak.
                        - Gordon White A-275