[alberg30] loran

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri May 14 22:52:30 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Lee, It's a device about a foot long and about two inches across, tube like,
white (mine, at least)   a cable comes out the bottom, and a 8 ft fiberglass
antenna screws into the top. I have it clamped to one of the uprights on my
stern pulpet
The inside is a mystery to me, perhaps a coil of wire???? I never take mine
off the boat, I just take the antenna off each winter.  The cable goes to the
back of the loran, at the antenna connection.  My ground is tied into the
engine mounts, and it works just fine all arond the Lake Erie, Lake Huron
area. I don't know if all lorans could use the same coupler.
Russ