[alberg30] Le Zinc-Say no to Faucets

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue May 18 22:40:16 PDT 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

     I bought the proper zinc at my local West Marine. It fit on the
special nut that holds my prop on and has a flat end into which you
screw a socket-head 1/4-20 bronze machine screw.  I had trouble with the
screw coming loose and the zinc falling off so I secure the screw with
life-caulk. (I clean out the socket before the caulk hardens as  it
might be difficult to get the allen wrench in otherwise)

    On page 405 of my 1999 West Marine Master Catalog it is shown as a
"prop nut anode" and you can buy it with or without the special prop
nut. I have bought these from Boat/US but do not see them specifically
in my Boat/US catalog.

                                - Gordon White A-275