[alberg30] 2" rope rub rail

mgrosh mgrosh at shore.intercom.net
Wed May 19 14:24:23 PDT 1999

From: "mgrosh" <mgrosh at shore.intercom.net>

Joe,

I can get you all the 7"(circum.) you could possibly want-used and in
various states of greasiness, but we are talking a significant increase in
the weight of the dingy-just guessing, but the line(3 strand poly or nylon)
weighs about 1 lb/ft. Myself, I've always wanted a dingy rubrail of 3/4"
line run through clear vinyl tubing (clean and non marking).

Anyway, if you want some big line to play with, give me a month and an idea
of how much you want (hopefully you live in the Annapolis area).  So far,
the award for most creative use of this line goes to the guy who used junk
driveshafts for fence posts and then laid the line in the yoke of the shafts
;-)

As far as I know, to buy the line new you have to get 600' at a time.

Michael
Checkmate #220