[alberg30] Sling positions

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Tue May 25 15:36:41 PDT 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

Bob... At my launchings the marina's hoist crew has always done a smart job of
balancing the loads. It is not wise from my experience to lift the hull from a
point aft of the keel. Maybe only to get a block under the keel. The aft
lifting point on our hull has always been with in a foot of the rudder and the
forward strap position has been approx. that position where the forward shroud
attaches to the deck. The riggers attach a line between the straps to keep
them in position while hoisting. Hope this helps.
regards- greg