[alberg30] Back to reefing discussion

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 09:33:20 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hey Bob,
We talked about the rolling hitch being the 'knot of choice' for the bitter
end of the leach reefing line on the boom, if one didn't want to make holes
in the boom for a fairlead or track and car.
I found a 'new' book of knots- 'The Complete Book of Knots' by Geoffrey
Budworth.  Unlike most books I like, this one is still in print!!  On page 50
there is a variation of the rolling hitch which looks even more secure for
our application.
Looks like  a great book in general for the knot lover.  Wander over to
Barnes and Noble or the like, or the library one rainy day to take a look.
enjoy,
Lee
Stargazer #255