[alberg30] Digest Number 453

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Mon Nov 29 06:09:15 PST 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Dear Joe,
        Measuring off my boat, # 275, so one of the earlier ones, the forward
down-tubes of the bow pulpit are 7 1/2" apart, "inside diameter" and 12" aft of the
bow. There is nothing else that is narrower on the bow of my boat, but there is a
block of teak 2 " high - same as the toe rails - right in the bow to which the
forestay is mounted with a bronze fitting. This fitting is a triangular plate with a
raised bar with holes for attaching the stay. This bar (cast as part of the plate) is
about 1 1/2" high and maybe 10" long running back from the bow. It would definitely
get in the way of a flat piece of lumber laid between the pulpit tubes unless you cut
a slot in the wood you are putting down.
    I put an anchor roller to the starboard side of the bar to which the stay is
attached, but it is therefore a much narrower roller. I put a piece of oak down and
bolted the roller to it.
                                        - Gordon White