[alberg30] Cabin heater

Robert Kirk kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 3 06:44:21 PST 1999

From: Robert Kirk <kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov>

>From: "Charles Haggart" <chaggart at sympatico.ca>
>
>There was a wood stove/heater in the boat years ago and it was mounted to
>starboard on the hanging locker bulkhead. The flue vent hole has been sealed
>over with a Plexiglas blank.

When I bought  Isobar, it came with  what sounds like that same pot-bellied
stove/heater together with the necessary flues and insulation amongst its
supplies.  The cabin top has a blank which could easily replaced by Charlie
Noble. The rig sits in my garage never used.  I never installed it since
I'm a fair weather sailor (getting time to haul now), and frostbite and I
don't get along.   But I'm wondering if anyone has used one successfully.
It seems like it and a bag of coal might be just the thing to extend the
season a little. (Can one still buy a bag of coal?)

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181