[alberg30] Cabin heater

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 22:33:02 PST 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

    For space saving as well as efficiency and saftey, I think the best
solution would be an Espar forced hot air diesel heater under the cockpit
sole or in one or the sail lockers. I believe they vent in much the same way
as the engine and they would be near the diesel feul tank. Anyway, I know
they're meant to be mounted belowdecks. Then a single 4" flexible duct under
the sink and starboard bunk, thru the hanging locker and into the forward
cabin would keep everything toasty warm and dry.
    But we're talking minimum 3+ grand here without installation. I guess the
expense is not worth the benefits for those of us on the Chesapeake (not
enough cold months) but for NJ and north, it's something to think about.
Paul
#23 Ashwagh

In a message dated 11/4/99 5:16:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
FINNUS505 at aol.com writes:

> From: FINNUS505 at aol.com
>
>  In a message dated 11/4/99 8:45:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>  fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net writes:
>
>  << here seams to be a lot of talk about "permanently mounted" heaters in a
>  cabin
>   that gets very small with 2 or 3 people below decks. Frankly... I can't
see
>   how you can afford to loose that bulkhead space with one of these "great
>   looking space consuming" devices. The sailing season hear on Lake
Michigan