[alberg30] Support Beam

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 7 04:13:11 PST 1999

From: Guy Lalonde <lalondegc at videotron.ca>

Joe, your web site is very interesting and I'll be checking it out on a
regular basis.

> I am in the process of repairing the mast step on #499, built 1972.

On #466, built in 1971, the mast step area will need to be re-done as well.
I noticed this summer that the cabin ceiling interfered with opening the
head door. I had to fold the fore half slightly before opening the whole
door. The lump in the ceiling is noticeable and seems to be more on the port
side of center. Also the v-berth door was rubbing slightly at the top but
only about 1" on both sides of center. Also the other telltale sign was that
rig tension could not be maintained. Now that the mast is down, the ceiling
area has almost resumed its normal position and I can close the v-berth
door. With the v-berth door shut, the distance between the door frame and
the door is not constant, looks normal at the top but I can see into the
v-berth at the bottom. I'm not sure what to make of that, if anything, maybe
it came out of the factory that way. Any thoughts on that ?

Guy.
Cyrena #466