[alberg30] Tacking Angles

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Mon Nov 8 10:11:43 PST 1999

From: "George Dinwiddie" <gdinwiddie at min.net>

Tom,

I've not measured (and I'm not sure I'm a good enough sailor
to make a good measurement of the boat's ability) but I think
the tacking angle should be close to 90 degrees, certainly
not more than 100.  The easiest way to lose tacking angle is
to have the shrouds too loose, letting the mast sag off to
leeward.  I'll let better sailors give you better advice, though.

 - George