[alberg30] Name change?

Bob Johns bobjns at nais.com
Sun Nov 14 13:24:19 PST 1999

From: Bob Johns <bobjns at nais.com>

Hi List,

That business of name changing is just a foolish superstition. Our boat was
named "Pumpkin II"  and we changed the name to "Wind Call". (After Carleton
Mitchell's book, The Winds Call.) We have owned the boat since 1976 and
thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nothing unusual has happened in the 23 years we have owned  the boat unless
you count a few minor events like the boat winding up on the beach in front
of the restaurant where we were to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary,
a car accident (see page 93 of the the 1999 Yearbook), and being totaled by
hurricane Bob. No damage on the first one, the car was totalled on the
second (and the mast, shrouds and chain plates had to be replaced ob the
boat), and the boat was rebuilt  after the hurricane.

There are probably a few more minor things that happened during the years,
but I can't think of them now. I hope that this settles once and for all
that the business of not renaming a boat is just a silly superstition! Wind
Call was never sunk.

Cheers,
	Bob Johns, Wind Call (formerly Pumpkin II), #397