[alberg30] Diesel Prop Size/Pitch

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 21:54:36 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Robin, Sounds like that old bugaboo cavation.  I run a 13 - 7 prop.  At 1400
or 1500 it's just fine, but try 1700 or higher and I get that sound.  So I
don't do it that high. Pitch is thrust.  To power through a nasty chop, you
need a lower pitch.  For the max speed in flat water, a higher pitch, just
like the overdrive in your car.  I t will shift to a lower gear (lower pitch)
 to climb a hill.
Russ