[alberg30] Remove step plate

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 23:56:32 PST 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Sounds good, John. Nothing like the original materials. If it ain't broke,
don't fix it.
Paul
Ashwagh #23

In a message dated 11/23/99 9:44:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Sunstone at idirect.com writes:

> From: John Birch <Sunstone at idirect.com>
>
>  Or Cedar, or masonite.    Masonite is what they used in the first
generation
> of
>  A-30s and A-37s in the early years and those decks are bullet proof.
I've
> only
>  heard of a few cockpit delaminations but none rotted.    The Schedule was
> gelcoat,
>  csm, cloth, csm, heavy cloth, csm, cloth, woven roaving, csm, heavy cloth,
> csm,
>  masonite, repeat process again with second layer of masonite (1/4", I
> believe was
>  used), then finish with csm,cloth, heavy cloth csm.  Use Epoxy as this is
> attached
>  to cured polyester. In the boundary layers between the two masonite
> eliminate the
>  roaving for, heavy cloth and cloth.
>
>  If you can get a core sample out of an old boat you'll see what I mean, the
>  roaving is used for the rapid build up of the raised portion or go with
> plywood, I
>  think masonite is more stable, less rot prone though.
>
>  Check the Gibbs and Cox Schedule for glass layup. For my 2 cents worth,
>
>  John

Stop waiting for web pages to load... eAcceleration has given away
millions of copies of Webcelerator. It is the best in its category
and its completely FREE!Our website also has lots of other free stuff