[alberg30] Traveler

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Fri Nov 19 17:46:57 PST 1999

From: Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com>

Here we go another piece of equipment for the boat.At present what I
have on my boat is a piece of stainless pipe welded to flanges which is
bolted in the inner walls of the cockpit just behind tiller.The main
sheet is connected to pipe with a ring that slides along pipe,so when
I'm sailing the traveler is always far over stbd or port.I hasn't given
any trouble really, except that when tacking this set up slams every
time the boom crosses over.I need some imput on what type of proper
traveler works well on a-30,model and manuf.and how much can I expect to
pay.Do some of you have your travelers mounted on cabin roof?I think I
would still keep traveler next to tiller for single handing?Lots of
stress on boom with traveler in middle?I'm all ears.
"High Spirits"#191                 Dick