[alberg30] Dreaming of sinking!

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Mon Oct 4 07:36:27 PDT 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

Tom... We have a good set up on Bathtub Mary.There is no need to make any
holes. What we have done is mount a (Rule 800 or 1000 gph) and its float
switch to a piece of plex that fit the shape of the forward end of the bilge.
When it is time to work on the device you just have to reach down and pull it
up and out as a unit and disconnect the hose and wires.
Regards-Greg

Forhan, Thomas wrote:

> From: "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov>
>
> I woke up early Saturday morning with a start - I had been dreaming of
> Calliope sinking at the docks, unattended.
>
> I got down to the docks all was well, of course.
>
> Still , so she has two manual bilge pumps, but I think I'd like to add an
> electrical one, one of the Rule types.
>
> Looking into the depths of the bilge under the engine, I see the spot to
> mount one, way, way down there. But what am I looking at?  Specifically, is
> the bottom of the bilge fiberglass, so that I could put a few self-tapping
> screws into to mount the pump base; is it a thin layer over cast iron that
> will thwart my attempts to attach something firmly into it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom F.
> Calliope #287

Choose from a wide selection of high-quality newsletters at ONElist.
For details on ONElist's PROS&PUNDITS newsletters, click below.