[alberg30] RE: Prop tip clearance

Bob Lincoln lincoln at cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Oct 6 11:43:52 PDT 1999

From: "Bob Lincoln" <lincoln at cc.UManitoba.CA>

Dear John Birch,
The boat is 1975, and the prop appears to be original with
the diesel of the same date.  There is no tip erosion that I
recall seeing.  It is a two-blade prop.  Being a novice to
inboards, I don't know much about prop selection.  The stock
prop for the engine is a 15 x 10, which is obviously not
possible.  This summer I could move fairly well forward, but
reversing against a strong wind was fairly hopeless, with
the boat not really going either to port or starboard, but
stopping well.  You seem to suggest that I should leave well
enough alone.
Bob Lincoln
#590 Gimli