[alberg30] Prop size and tip clearance.

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Wed Oct 6 21:54:07 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Bob, just how fast do you plan on going?  I haven't figured out the 11" pitch
at 3000, but you have a displacement craft, I don't think you will get it up
on plane.  I swing a 13-7prop.  It had a 12, 6 three blade when I bought her.
 Didn't like the drag, so I changeed to 13-6, and after 1 year, had it
repitched to 13-7.  At 1450 to 1500 she does something between 6 1/4 and 6
1/2  depending .  No cavation at those speeds, no prob wear, no cavation
damage to the aperature.  With an atomic 4.  But even for a disel the 11"
pitch seems high.  and backing at low speeds needs a lower pitch to work well,
Russ Pfeiffer