[alberg30] boom furling

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Thu Oct 7 21:07:08 PDT 1999

Thank you all for the description of what we need to do to make Windward's
roller reefing useful again!  We knew we had it, but not how to use it.
This has been fascinating.

> didn't realize
> how cold it is up north,how much more sailing season left for you
> guys?Down here we're finally down into the 80's

Now Dick, up here in Northern Ontario, which I realize is a thousand miles
south of some of our friends on this list, the temperature is dipping below
freezing each evening.  I'm in Parry Sound on Georgian Bay, and our summer
visitors have taken their boats out of the water now, with Canadian
Thanksgiving coming up.

Hardy Parry Sound sailors, however, will stay out there with a postage stamp
of sail until early December, if at all possible.

Must say that 80 degrees sounds pretty attractive!

Marianne King-Wilson
Windward #369