[alberg30] Wind vane steering

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Mon Oct 18 10:06:06 PDT 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

Peter;
Yves Gélinas manufactures the Cap Horn which was designed by him for his
solo circumnavigation, via the Great Capes, aboard his A-30 Jean du Sud.
He made a great video on it and I would suggest you contact him before
proceeding further.   Ascthetically, it is one of the most beautiful
vanes around and I have heard nothing but compliments about it from
those who have one.     "Yves  Gélinas" <Cap_Horn at compuserve.com>
John Birch, Sunstone KC-65

> Peter Amos wrote:
>
> I would like to fit a simple wind vane steering system.There is
> one made by Q.M.E. with a horizontal vane that has no underwater
> parts. If anyone has one of these or a similar type on an A30 I would
> like their opinion on its performance,also advice on makes to avoid.
> Peter Amos
> "Tait Tait" No 478
> P.A.Amos at tesco.net.u.k

      Win a Digital Camera and Earn 6 Percent APY Interest!
SFNB is reinventing Internet Banking with a 6 percent APY Interest
Checking acct. For acct details and to sign up to win a digital camera: