[alberg30] Support Beam

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 22 18:16:22 PDT 1999

From: "Charles Haggart" <chaggart at sympatico.ca>

The wooden mast support beam on my Alberg # 150 (1966) has deformed very
little. I've wondered about it and can only conclude that she was never
raced. She spent 6 years in the Caribbean and saw heavy weather( judging
from the wear on her storm jib and her modified main which was cut from the
first reef point).  Maybe we over tune our rigs?

Charles Haggart