[alberg30] Support Beam

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 22:11:15 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Charles, I'm sure you have a good point.  Ca Va is a 68 boat. Wasn't raced
much before I bought her, but has been raced for for 11 years.  I've won my
share of flags, but my beam isn't sagg ing.  I have an adjustable backstay
(Johnson) and while we tighten before sailing to fit the weather conditions,
( tighter for higher wind, flat water, looser for sight wind, or a chop)  we
always take the tension off before leaving the boat,  Sshe doesn;t sit there
with a tight rig unless she is being sailed, and I don't put it that tight
anyway.  The boat wasn't designed to point high.  Just look at that fat full
keel.  Sail her for what she is.  Learn to foot a little, and keep the
shrouds so that the leeward ones sag a little.
Russ Pfeiffer      one man's opinion

      GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA:
Get an APR as low as 2.9 Intro & NO annual fee! Apply online today!