[alberg30] Support Beam

John Birch sunstone at idirect.com
Tue Oct 26 08:42:18 PDT 1999

From: John Birch <sunstone at idirect.com>

It is interesting because Whitby used resorcinol glue on oak which Wooden Boat says
is a no-no.   It is because of the acids in oak attack the glue until the bond
fails.   Whitby also liked using rot prone red oak, like under the SS flat track,
before they went to aluminium T-track.  Just one of those minor annoyances in an
otherwise robust design.

John