[alberg30] deck painting- Interlux Rocks!

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Wed Oct 27 21:50:56 PDT 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

Having completed a total deck reconditioning on our boat 4 years ago, and
having sanded ever bit of non skid on that boat. I felt in the end that a good
scuffing of the existing non skid and then smoothing of the whole non skid
area with West Sys.. and appropriate filler as the best preparation for a new
non skid surface. It would have been faster and I felt added to the decks
overall thickness and strength as opposed to aggressive sanding which can only
remove a lot of deck surface. I have always gotten complements on our new non
skid. Very even and it stands proud of the surrounding surface as the original
did... maybe better. One of my more successful forays into boat reconditioning.

My 2 cents-  Greg