[alberg30] Winterizing A-30 - snow in drains

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Thu Oct 28 15:17:40 PDT 1999

From: Gordon White <gewhite at crosslink.net>

  One winter when I had a different boat I did not put on the cover until
after an early snowstorm (down here that's usually January, but in '87 we had
15 inches on Nov. 11th)  The cockpit got full of snow and the melt water
froze and it was a mess. SO - I put the cover on either when there's a
forecast of freezing stuff or at least by Christmas. Since the pier is in my
back yard it's also easier to run out and do it. Anyway, I keep the
precipitation out of the boat. My cover many not be perfect, but it keeps the
heavy stuff out. In Virginia that's good enough.
                        - Gordon White

       GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA:
Get an APR as low as 9.9 Fixed & NO annual fee! Apply online today!