[alberg30] re holding tank

Wed Sep 1 10:07:22 PDT 1999

> RABBIT649 at aol.com said:
>
>     I have a RARITAN Lectrasan somebody gave me that I havn't installed yet.
> It zaps the waste with about 50 amps for three minutes and is supposed to
> convert it to be legal for discharge in some places. Do you know where and
> where not? I forgot what the guy told me.
> Paul,
> Ashwagh #23

Paul,

Approved treatment systems are legal everywhere in the US except
those places designated as "no discharge" by the EPA.  I suppose
the EPA should have a list of those places.  I would advise, however,
not discharging in anchorages or small creeks.  Pump out when you're
in deep water with a good exchange of water.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/