[alberg30] Lectrasan MSD

John Johnson Johnnie5 at rose.net
Thu Sep 2 04:33:48 PDT 1999

From: "John Johnson" <Johnnie5 at rose.net>

Problems with 10 million gallon pig farm dumps into North Carolina and
municipal dumps into rivers, oceans and lakes are the problem.  Boats are
just legislative focal points for "do something" do gooders who think its
"everybody else" going to the bathroom, but not me!  How many boats and
holding tanks would it take to make up a 10 million gallon spill?
dreams can come true at <http://home.rose.net/~johnnie5>

> Certainly the need to conserve water and to know how much or little one
> can get away with in the flush is a learning curve but I stand by the
> previous statement on no discharge.
>
> The problem lies with the excess nutrients in treated or untreated
> sewage which in the Great Lakes helps to encourage eutriphication which
> results in algae blooms and foul waters.   The problem is not dissimilar
> to the Chesapeake experience.
>
> Certainly boats do not account for all of it, or even a significant
> amount, but it is an incremental process, the reduction of pollution.
> Besides, 10 or so boats in a smaller anchorage can have a real impact.

ONElist now has T-SHIRTS!
For details and to order, go to: