[alberg30] Lake Superior

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Thu Sep 2 10:34:21 PDT 1999

From: Marianne King-Wilson <addvalue at zeuter.com>

Hi, Brian!
I don't know about the Soo and Thunder Bay but I'd be willing to bet they have
their act together and keep the water clean.  Certainly here we place a premium
on keeping the water pristine--it's too important!

Interested to know where and for how long you have cruised Superior.

My grandfather went to Otter Head from Lake Simcoe in a 13' boat and 3.5
Johnson motor in 1929.  The next year he got a 30-foot cruiser and went there
every summer--quite an undertaking when he had to arrange in the winter to have
fuel delivered to the points where rail and lakeshore converged--no marinas.  I
have his Great Lakes Pilot, with all his notations.

I have not ventured forth yet, but hope to duplicate some of his voyages.  All
experience and advice welcome!

Marianne
Windward #369

Brian Zinser wrote:

> I too, enjoy being able to drink right out of Lake Superior. .. trust Thunder
> Bay and Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. are not pumping directly
> into the lake.

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.