[alberg30] Lectrasan MSD

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 13:39:01 PDT 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Thank you, Gordon. A very sensible and balanced contribution. We must make an
effort to learn and disseminate fact-based information about how Nature
purifies itself and its capacity for doing so. It is the only way to bring
the "politically corrrect", who are operating in a miasma of ignorance and
rear, to their senses.
Paul Cicchetti
Ashwagh #23

In a message dated 9/3/99 10:11:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gewhite at crosslink.net writes:

> To add my 2 cents to the toilet question - my ethic for years has been not
>  soil our own nest. I recall in the 1940s when the ocean front cottages in
>  Maine had sewer pipes that ran out into the sea about 100 feet - half a
mile
>  from bathing beaches - and I knew that was bad. We certainly should not
pump
>  solids into restricted areas like small lakes, marinas and harbors where
> there
>  is no natural flushing.
>
>      BUT - the sea is a big place. There is no way the recreational boats
> pump
>  even a fraction of the waste the natural fish, seal, bird and crab
> populations
>  drop, even in Chesapeake Bay. In my mind, pumping in mid-Bay, (even if not
>  "legal") is not hurting the environment.
>
>      The runoff from city storm sewers let alone the sanitary sewers/sewage
>  plant effluent of course needs to be cleaned up, but even a few thousand
>  boats? Get serious.
>
>      It is, of course, politically correct.....
>
>      I note that in Western Canada (unlike Eastern Canada) no one, least of
> all
>  the officials, makes any pretext that yacht pumping is a problem. I spent a
>  week in the Straits of Georgia inside Vancouver Island last month. This is
> an
>  area quite analogous to Chesapeake Bay in size. There are NO rules there
>  against pumping overboard, even though there is as vast a boat population
as
>  on the Bay.
>
>      There are the beginnings of rules against pumping in enclosed areas
like
>  Gorge Harbor and other marinas and small coves, which I feel is quite
proper.

>      I note that politically correct envirionmental rules in the Washington
> DC
>  area have reached the "don't breathe out" point. I got a flier here in
>  Alexandria suggesting a voluntary restriction on people going outside on
> days
>  of high air pollution.
>
>      I was an enthusiastic environmentalist for years, and still am, but for
>  things that matter.
>
>      If the environmental thought police really cared there would be a lot
> more
>  places for us to pump out. There is not one where I keep my boat on the
>  Piankatank River within at least 25 miles. So for now I pump into a 5
gallon
>  plastic jerry can I carry up to the toilet when I get home. Otherwise.....
>
>      Sorry for the explosion, guys.
>
>                                          - Gordon White, A-275

ATTN ONELIST USERS: stay current on the latest activities,
programs, & features at ONElist by joining our member newsletter at