[alberg30] Toe rail replacement

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 21:13:47 PDT 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Dear Tom / Lee,
     I was just looking at Ashwagh's toerail and realizing that I can't avoid
that job much longer.
    And it is scary. It's cut to match the deck camber, it's bent in 3
dimensions to match the sheer line and the plan view curvature of the hull (I
don't know the terminology for that), it flares out as it approaches the bow
(ie, changes its angle in relation to the deck), it increases in height as
you go forward and it's scarfed, mitered and notched. You could waste a lot
of time and teak or go very crazy getting those joints right if you don't
know what you're doing and I certainly don't.
    There are a couple of reference works I have somewhere that describe a
technique (I'll look), but I'd love to learn this hands on from somebody.
Does anyone know of an "Ancillary Joinerwork for Fiberglass Boats" course?
    Let's keep this thread going a while. Everybody's going to have this
problem sooner or later.
paul.
Ashwagh #23

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.