[alberg30] Toe rail replacement

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Fri Sep 17 19:05:30 PDT 1999

From: "Alan P. Kefauver" <apk2 at home.com>

They are  not square as you know. Mine are 14" wide on the bow end, 11 7/8" on the stern end. 35 7/8" on the hinge side, 36" on the cockpit side. The solid teak edges are 1" wide all round with mitred corners by 3/4' thick on all sides but the cockpit side where the teak is 1" by 1" with the bottom lip tapering to meet the 3/4" thick ply, thereby providing a finger lift. Here again i used Marine Birch Ply and veneered it with teak edges, so the MP is the above dimensions less 1" on all sides.

Your mileage may vary. My boat is a 1965, I have seen a boat in the upper 400's where it looked like the cokpit lockers were different. My best advice to you it to use your old ones as a template, cut them oversize, then take them to the boat and mark them with a pencil to fit and then cut and finish.

Alan

ps. Silly question, but is your piano hinge on backwards?

On 9/16/1999 at 10:03 AM Shawn Orr wrote:

>From: "Shawn Orr" <Shawnwilliam at msn.com>
>
>Alan,
>
>can you send me the dimensions for the locker tops.  I have mine on now but
>they do not close right.  I attached them with piano hinge but I had to
>leave enough space so that they close all the way.

Share your special moments with family and friends- send PHOTO Greetings
at Zing.com! Use your own photos or choose from a variety of funny,
                 cute, cool and animated cards.