[alberg30] No compression in 1 and 2

JANET LEMBO jlsasha at erols.com
Thu Sep 23 17:20:28 PDT 1999

From: JANET LEMBO <jlsasha at erols.com>

jack at abs.net wrote:

> From: jack at abs.net
>
> My Annabelle(453) has no compression in 1 and 2 cyls.,either dry or saturated with oil. Thusly there seems to be a valve problem. Is there any way to correct
> problem without removing head? Can a complete valve job be accomplished without taking the engine out? Will putting around on 2 cylinders hurt the a4 further?
> I appreciate any help and thanks in advance.
>
> Jack, The valves on a flathead can be done without removal. Suggest you
pull off the head and exhaust manifold. Pull the plugs and manually
rotate the engine to see if the valves lift. a flat cam can cause the
same symptoms no inlet air to compress.. The valves could also not be
closing all the way.  Joel #449 (Janus)

Share your special moments with family and friends- send PHOTO Greetings
at Zing.com! Use your own photos or choose from a variety of funny,
                 cute, cool and animated cards.