[alberg30] Toe rail replacement

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 00:40:55 PDT 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

In a message dated 9/16/99 1:55:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
FINNUS505 at aol.com writes:

> Hi Paul,
>  You put into words what I was too lazy to!  It's a complicated piece of
wood,

>  that toe rail on the older boats.
>  Let's hear from someone who has done the job, replaced the rail, pref. by
>  themselves, or at least give us an idea of what it costs to have done
>  professionaly.
>  I have a good hand tool collection, but I suspect big, accurate table saws
>  and electric planers would make the job replacing the toe rail components
>  lot easier. The scarfs would be difficult enough, but the pieces are wider
> at
>  the base than at the top-getting that right for the length of the pieces
is
>  what I see as the most difficult part of the job, and would like to hear a
>  technique to accomplish.
>  Of course, right now my biggest concern is Floyd, as he leaves me here in
SC,

>  and heads up the coast to Stargazer where she sits  in NY. I don't want
her
>  launching herself without me!!!
>  Thx,
>  Lee
>  Stargazer #255

I second that, Lee.
I didn't know Stargazer was in NY. Where? I'm in Jersey.
Paul,
Ashwagh #23

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR. Apply online today!