[alberg30] Winch grease

finnus505 at aol.com finnus505 at aol.com
Sun Apr 16 09:23:53 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/12/00 7:48:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lalondegc at videotron.ca writes:

<< eorge,

 Harken sells their own brand of winch grease and more than likely Lewmar as
 well. They may cost more but at least you know the grease is made
 specifically for that purpose and to withstand a marine environment.

 Guy.
 #466 >>
Hi,
I have a tube of Barient Winch Grease.  It is like a big toothpaste
container, so since you can tighten the cap on its thread, though old, it is
still very good. It looks like white lithium grease, so I imagine that is the
type of grease that is preferred for winches, or at least it was when this
tube was manufactured!! It is slightly thicker than honey in consistancy.
Hope this helps,
Lee
Stargazer #255

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3012/5/_/476031/_/955902239/