[alberg30] bimini

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Wed Apr 19 19:54:54 PDT 2000

T.K:My intentions would be to keep the foot of bimini on the deck
outside coaming boards.I believe that once the top is laid and stored
behind main sheet,the cockpit will be cleared and as for the top,could
be held up with some sort bungee cord to aft stay off the deck to reach
hatch if neccessary.Two sets of rail hinges and removable clevis pins
that George mentioned might be the ticket to.I've just had a flash
,looking through the catalogs to find hand rail fittings and ss tubing
to build custom slide.I'll have to look at my boat,but I think I can
install a stainless handrail whatever length neccessary lets say 18 to
24" this rail would be app.three inches off deck on both sides of
cockpit,outside of winches.The foot of bimini would be attached to piece
of nylon turned down by machinist to slide over stainless handrail with
pad eye to accept rail hinge.SS tubing drilled to accept clevis pins at
desired point for bimini top's foot.Icould then slide unit all the way
past traveler and mainsheet once disconnected and stood upright with
permanent strap on aft stay.You probably didn't follow me but,this will
be easy to rig up and by using a rounded end rail fitting won't be so
bad on the feet.Putting it down on paper right now so I don't forget.
Dick

Make money at pointclick!
Hundreds of retailers with tons of discounts!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3418/5/_/476031/_/956198996/