[alberg30] About the ads (was: Water leaks)

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Mon Apr 24 18:25:38 PDT 2000

John,

The price we pay for a free email list is having an advertisement
attached to each message.  I looked for a list-server host for a
couple years before finding onelist.  The cheapest I found was
$65 per year.  I wasn't willing to pay that and didn't feel right
in asking the Association to pay that, particularly since most of
the members didn't have email at the time.  Now, the tide's
probably turned, but it still doesn't seem worth paying for
such a service when this one's working pretty well.

 - George

John Allen wrote:

> George, where is the advertising in our messages coming from??  I notice my
> last posting had a flashing add attached.

Now the best and coolest websites come right to you based on your
unique interests. eTour.com is surfing without searching.
And, it's FREE!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3013/5/_/476031/_/956625694/